Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Poem: The Spectrum of Growing Up

Monochrome
Ceases to exist:
Now I see
Earthy sepia
Effervescent turquoise
and amber, yellowed with age.

Innocence
Lost in transition

Technicolour,
A kaleidoscopic explosion
Muting words -
Violent cobalt
Vivacious magenta
and scarlet, volcanic with rage.

Emotions
Lost in translation

Fluoroscence -
Ghosts of stressed
Molecules, glowing
Neon orange
Nebulous pink
and lime green, far from sage.

Identities
Lost in transmission

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I couldn't have put colors to life so eagerly, or effectively for that matter. Sort of dreamy, yet sad how some colors of life are transformed as we grow up. Then again, that's part of life's beauty. Well written poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That, coming from you, is really high praise! Thanks a lot, Leo! :)

      Delete
    2. How each of us write is different I know, but I'd definitely explore more simple words too. Poetry is beautiful in simplicity as well, this language of imagery might not be understood as easily perhaps. :)

      Please could you remove word verification? It's a pain to get past it. You could enable moderation if you are looking to prevent spam :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks for that valuable piece of advice! I'm working on it.

      And yes, word verification has been removed. I agree, it can be a pain; I never noticed I had it on my blog!

      Delete